Jetlore’s dynamic merchandising and adaptive product discovery engine is used by world’s largest online retailers across several continents in millions of daily emails and on-site visits and is responsible for generating millions of dollars in revenue. We constantly strive to improve and evolve the underlying statistical models and machine learning algorithms that empower Jetlore’s product discovery platform in order to provide further revenue boost for our clients and improve their users’ engagement.
We are looking for an exceptional data scientist who is excited to work on challenging problems involving massive amount of data. As part of the data science group, you will be responsible for developing probabilistic models, building dynamically learning algorithms, monitoring the performance of the system, and providing reports. You will work with cutting edge technologies such as Apache Spark and will build algorithms that will be used directly in production. You will explore different signals and incorporate new insights to improve the prediction power of the existing models and to come up with novel ways of increasing users’ engagement. In addition, you will interact with the business side to provide insight into how to improve the performance of the system.
- MS or PhD (preferred) in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, or related fields with strong mathematics, statistics, and programming backgrounds
- Excellent track record of independently developing and evaluating statistical models and machine learning algorithms (either as part of an academic project or previous work experience)
- Extensive experience with an object-oriented programming language such as Scala, Java, C++; experience with a functional programming language is a plus
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills to carve datasets and provide insights into improving predictive power of models
- Drive to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision
- Solid communication skills and ability to collaborate with engineers as well as business and sales
- Ping-pong skills is a plus!
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.