Sunnyvale, CA, or Remote
You will be building distributed systems operating on TBs of data using the latest cutting edge technologies like Apache Spark, Storm, Cassandra, Redis, Akka, Apache Kafka. Your algorithms will be used in production by the world's largest online retailers in millions of emails a day and responsible for millions of dollars in revenue. Our algorithms not only provide a real revenue boost to these companies but are also responsible for the bulk of user engagement and driving a big fraction of Internet traffic to their sites.
The Full-stack Engineer is responsible for developing technology solutions to meet the growing needs of Jetlore’s customers. The Full-stack Engineer is responsible for both back-end and front-end software development projects from inception through launch and successful delivery. The following are the essential job functions of the Full-stack Engineer:
- Responsible for full software lifecycle, system design and development of front-end systems components,
- Utilize object-oriented design and analysis (OOA and OOD) skills in a programming language like Java/Scala/Ruby/Python
- Evaluate and identify new technologies and techniques for implementation and participate in their integration,
- Assure the overall quality and integrity of the system components. Engage in the automation of software testing and simulations and contribute to performance tuning, improvement, and load testing,
- Participate in design discussions and reviews for new front-end or back-end features and systems.
- The Full-stack Engineer position requires at least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline,
- A minimum of 3 years experience in software development and object-oriented design (experience with Scala and Play framework is a plus) and front-end development
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with AngularJS
- Ability to optimize and refactor other people's code as well as your own, manage projects from inception to execution,
- Work in a fast-paced environment and make pragmatic engineering decisions in a short amount of time.